So we are back today with some new thing to give a boost to our motto:
“Hell YA!!!!!!!!!! Help Yourself”
Today Topic is regarding getting your so called “NAME” changed as desired by you, since this NAME is what you have been known for and being fondly given to you by your parents and they call you by this name. However, our Government and its functionary certain times create lot of nuisance, when the same name is wrongly being spelt or written or observed in certain documents.
The basic idea or the need for the CHANGE OF NAME is for:
· Change your name to NEW name
· Change your father's name or remove your father name
· Change your surname – Mostly for women after marriage.
· Change in Spelling
· Cut short your long name to Short Name
· Change in date of birth
· Change of religion.
For all the above purposes there are TWO ways to do:
i. An Affidavit cum Declaration that you were known as so and so and you wish to be henceforth known as so and so or there is change in the name etc etc.
(Procedure is listed below – Kindly continue reading)
ii. Getting the change published in Gazatte issued by Government Press in the respective city.
(Ask for details in respective city and will provide address)
I. FOR THE FIRST PROCEDURE – AFFIDAVIT:
i. The same needs to be on Rs. 100/- stamp Paper.
ii. Get it typed on computer and print in on the Stamp Paper. No need of any fancy LEGAL writing on the same. (If need will supply the format – Kindly put in a request)
iii. You will then need to get the same NOTARISED before a Notary. Don’t Pay more then Rs. 50 – Rs. 75/- to Notary.
iv. Also make Two – Three copies of Original and get the same ATTESTED by the Notary. Rs. 10/- per copy is the normal charges.
II. FOR THE SECOND PROCEDURE – GAZATTE PUBLICATION:
i. Get a simple form made available by Government Press.
There are Two type of form one is URGENT (YELLOW colour) – (Within 2-3 Weeks publication) another is NORMAL (WHITE colour) – (Within 6-8 Weeks publication)
ii. You will need to fill up a form which is made available free of cost at the Government Press of your city.
iii. In the said form you need to fill in the details as required – like your old name, new name, old signature, new signature and address.
iv. There are no documents which are required to be submitted along with the form.
Charges for change of name in the Maharashtra Government Gazette are as follows:
i. Pay the requisite Fees in cash.
(Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and
ii. Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).
(You only get two copies of the Gazette)
Charges for extra copy of the Gazette: Rs 50 per copy
Cash is accepted at the Government Press.
IV. ADDRESS OF GAZZATE OFFICE IN MUMBAI:
Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House,
Near Charni Road Station,
Netaji Subash Chandra Road,
Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
23630695, 23634049, 23632693
V. IMPORTANT NOTE:
1. This Gazatte copy can be produced for reflecting you name changes, however the said does not change name in the old document which bear your old name.
2. You can get your OLD name again, if you desire. You will need to again do the same stuff of publishing in Gazatte your old name.
3. Backward class applicants are required to submit a Xerox copy of caste certificate of old name as issued by the Collector of the District concerned.
4. The Gazette copy is sent to the address given on the form, so please give correct address.
5. The above details are specific for name change in Maharashtra. Check with the respective state government press for more information.
5. After Gazatte is published with your name changes, if you wish to change the name in passport or any other Government document, a copy of the gazette publication will be required. Check with the respective office for any additional documents to be submitted.
6. For error in the spelling of your name appearing in the certificates, gazette notification is not required an affidavit to the that effect will be enough.
Hope we have saved some quick money of the viewers who have got HELPED with this blog. If you need any assistance kindly put in a comment or share with others to get benefited and save some money.
Keep the motto of the blog going on and say “HELP YOURSELF”